I strongly suspect the TBDHSC will soon have ‘farm out’ patient rooms into the community, ie, the LSSR Armoury, vacant schools, vacant public and private buildings, Lakehead University, etc. Similar moves may have to occur across the province if ICU numbers skyrocket. http://www.cp24.com/mobile/ontario-reports-record-number-of-covid-19-cases-for-third-straight-day-as-number-of-patients-in-icu-reaches-alarming-new-high-1.5249601
Organic meats found to have approximately the same greenhouse impact as regular meats — Read on phys.org/news/2020-12-meats-approximately-greenhouse-impact-regular.html The differences are negligible but organic is much more costly.
After a long campaign by women’s rights activists, the country’s senate passed a bill making it legal to end a pregnancy before 14 weeks — Read on time.com/5925441/argentina-legalize-abortion/ Finally! Reason over ideology.
Long COVID guidelines need to reflect lived experience – The Lancet — Read on http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32705-7/fulltext This is a very important and courageous analysis that needs to be broadcast. Families particularly are affected by the long-term effects not previously talked about.
As Ontario trails all other provinces in its vaccination rate, healthcare workers took to social media to criticize the closure of some clinics saying… — Read on http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/12/28/holiday-pause-on-covid-19-vaccinations-draws-outrage-as-head-of-torontos-largest-hospital-network-blames-limited-supply-and-staff-burnout.html
‘Half of the country has voted for Trump and it shows who Americans are. It’s not a place for people looking for protection’ — Read on http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/12/27/when-trump-leaves-the-white-house-will-irregular-migrants-keep-leaving-us-for-canada.html The world has to stop seeing its citizens on the move as ‘criminals’ or third-rate persons. The UN and world governments must establish universal passports or laws allowing … Continue reading
Motivating Seasonal Employees https://socialchangeuniquetopics.ca/2020/12/21/motivating-seasonal-employees/ — Read on socialchangeuniquetopics.ca/2020/12/21/motivating-seasonal-employees/
The president’s aggressive use of clemency this week showcased his willingness to exert raw power for his own personal gain. — Read on http://www.washingtonpost.com/ ‘Legitimate’ criminals! How sad.
Reasons they give:
- Hair harbours bacteria and odour. Underarm and genital hair serve the purposes of conveying natural body ‘pheromones’ (hormonally secreted odours) which are meant primarily to attract the opposite sex. Most people find this odour less appealing than synthetic scents (perfumes, deodorants, anti-perspirants), and associate it with uncleanliness or lack of hygiene.
- Keeping unnecessary body hair is traditional form of genderized identity, a legacy the Free Body Movement is trying to overtake and replace;
- Naturism does not equate to the denial of individual (sexual or not) expression – just as in “textile” or clothed society;
- 99% of naturists are not nude all the time. Most live at least half of their lives clothed, due to occupational and residential constraints. Hence, opportunities for self-expression may over-compensate for the constraints they would rather leave, of the clothed world;
- Because others do it (situational norms);
- Since men’s sex organs are visible, and depilation for women amounts to a ‘balancing’ of this perceived “unfairness”, i.e., pubic hair hides or conceals, and this is not fair nor necessary;
- Whether in clothed cultures or not, shaved bodies are sexually more appealing (and manageable);
- Head hair offers some form of protection from the elements whereas body hair does not. Therefore, it serves no obvious purpose and is therefore expendable;
- It interferes with clothing, e.g., zippers;
- Aesthetically, it puts the body ‘out of balance’ with total nudity, i.e., works of art often omit under-arm and pubic hair;
- It belies one’s true age, so grey hair is removed below the neckline;
- The Free Body Movement tends to attract people who are ‘free-thinkers’, intellectuals, risk-takers, etc., and there most likely is a social class and/or ethnic factor as well.
As much as the naturist/nudist movement rhetoric sounds currently utopian, it is far too young a social movement to be able to completely free itself from current body norms and laws. Not enough people do it yet to give it the political force to cause serious change, although small gains like women’s right to go topless in public place, e.g., in Ontario (1997), may represent important stepping stones towards body egalitarianism and acceptance. Body hair removal seen as a ‘liberation’ exercise within this larger movement, regardless comes down to a personal choice, as it is somewhat arbitrary. Much like a clothing optional society would be. The Free Body Movement is not pursuing it goals proscriptively; rather, as a prescription for a healthier and more egalitarian world society.
T.L Hill, PhD
December 23, 2020 Co-founder and Member: Federation of Canadian Naturists, http://www.fcn.org
Scientists discover mutations associated with early onset dementia — Read on medicalxpress.com/news/2020-12-scientists-mutations-early-onset-dementia.html A huge research door has opened.
This gallery contains 1 photo.
BACKGROUND Management theory has not successfully addressed the issue of motivating seasonal employees. It has however, presented a multitude of theories for full-time workers. By far, the bulk of employees today are part-time. Full-time employee theories include: traditional theory need/hierarchy theory achievement-power-affiliation theory motivation maintenance theory preference-expectancy theory reinforcement theory These are described in Rue … Continue reading
Just the other day, I downloaded an article from the Lancet in which the authors claimed that up to 50% of persons with schizophrenia can now show complete and permanent remission. 30-40% can continue to function well in society with medications and group sessions, and the remaining 10-20% require close management. Permanent remission is a … Continue reading
Tylara Institute | Facebook — Read on http://www.facebook.com/Tylara-Institute-103224591396995/ Offering virtual seminars in January for parents who have lost a child. Stay tuned for details after New Years.
Unlike previous home tests, this version does not require samples to be sent to a lab and can be taken without doctor’s orders by anyone older than age 2. — Read on http://www.washingtonpost.com/ Too little, too late.
Together, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris offered restoration and renewal in a single ticket. And America bought what they were selling. — Read on time.com/person-of-the-year-2020-joe-biden-kamala-harris/ A great partnership with experience, compassion, commitment and foresight, but with a mammoth job ahead of them.